- At the foot of the Bodhi tree,
- beautifully seated, peaceful and
- the living source of understanding and
- to the Buddha I go for refuge.
- The path of mindful living,
- leading to healing, joy, and
- the way of peace,
- to the Dhamma I go for refuge.
- The loving and supportive community of
- realizing harmony, awareness, and
- to the Sangha I go for refuge.
- I am aware that the Three Gems are
within my heart.
- I vow to realize them.
- I vow to practice mindful breathing and
- looking deeply into things.
- I vow to understand living beings and
- to cultivate compassion and loving
- and to practice joy and equanimity.
- I vow to offer joy to one person in the
- and to help relive the grief of one
person in the afternoon.
- I vow to live simply and sanely,
- content with just a few possessions,
- and to keep my body healthy.
- I vow to let go of all worry and anxiety
in order to be light and free
- I am aware that I owe so much to my
parents, teachers, friends and all beings.
- I vow to be worthy of their trust,
- to practice wholeheartedly,
- so that understanding and compassion
- and I can help living beings
- be free from their suffering.
- May the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the
Sangha support my efforts.